GET A FREE MEMBERSHIP!
COLLECT YOUR 2022 GIFT!
Make the most out of 2022 with a year dōTERRA membership on us!
*Spend over £150 to qualify*
- ACCESS TO WHOLESALE PRICING (Save 25%)
- + LOYAL BUYING PROGRAMME AVAILABLE (Save up to 55%)
- FREE COACHING AND EDUCATION
How Do You Use Essential Oils?
Aromatically. Topically. Internally.
We call this “aromatic” use of essential oils. This includes any application method that helps you experience the aroma of the oil. You can use essential oils aromatically by:
Diffusing in an essential oil diffuser
Applying a drop to your hands and inhaling
Wearing as a personal fragrance
Other Ways to Use Essential Oils Aromatically:
- Apply oil to a cotton ball and place in the air vents of your vehicle
- Mix oils in a spray bottle with water and mist over furniture, carpet, or linens
- Add oil to a batch of laundry or to dryer sheets
- Use in household surface cleaners
On your skin.
“Topical” application of essential oils allows the oil to absorb into the skin. Some beneficial areas you can apply are:Neck, Forehead and temples
Chest and abdomen
Arms, legs, bottoms of feet
Other Ways to Use Essential Oils Topically:
- Add a few drops of oil to a warm bath
- Make a hot or cold compress by soaking a cloth in water, adding essential oils, and then applying to the desired area
- Add oil to a lotion or moisturizer and then apply to skin
- Massage - apply to targeted areas
“internal” use of essential oils allows the oil to be transported throughout your body. Make sure the essential oil is safe for internal use first, and then try one of these methods:Add to a glass of water
Take in a veggie capsule
Put a drop under your tongue
Other Ways to Use Essential Oils Internally:
- Add essential oils to water, smoothies, milk, tea, or other drinks
- Put a drop under the tongue
- Take in a veggie capsule or add to a small amount of applesauce or yogurt
- Use oils in recipes for cooking or baking to replace fresh or dried herbs and spices
When ingested, essential oils directly enter the blood stream via the gastrointestinal tract, where they are transported throughout the rest of the body. Essential oils are readily transported to all organs of the body, including the brain.
*Follow label recommendations and other professional guidelines for dosage when using essential oils internally. While doTERRA® uses third-party testing and analytics to ensure each essential oil bottle reaches high standards without chemical impurities, this isn't true for all essential oil distributors. By using thoroughly tested, high quality essential oils, you'll be able to safely and easily use essential oils internally.